Kellogg’s, one of the world’s best-known brands, has been a staple of breakfast tables for more than 100 years and each year hosts a company event to share key objectives, strategies and plans for the business for the year ahead. A ‘Plans Day’ session where the company looks ahead to the future of the business to ensure sustainable growth.
Over the years Kellogg’s have run many formats, however, faced with fast-evolving Covid restrictions the event was to be virtual with everyone attending online.
Enable the Australian-based business to connect with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), learn about Kellogg’s roadmap and big bets for 2022 in a way that inspires and empowers the company to take a transformative vision forward. Develop and launch the ‘Next Horizon’ internal plans day brand to link all product presentations together.
Entrusted to deliver Kellogg’s virtual event, We Are Phoenix combined agile planning, creative content and digital expertise to produce a high-value and engaging virtual event experience.
Working with Kellogg’s, we developed the event theme: The Next Horizon. This was explored through a 3-hour program encompassing executive-led sessions filled with creative content designed to connect the audience with the vision.
Collaboration was key and we ensured seamless delivery by coordinating product teams, suppliers and speakers across multiple locations – from rehearsals with 23 Kellogg’s contributors, to shared learnings and plan improvements.
- Developed a bespoke event identity and brand logo that encapsulated the ‘Next Horizon’ theme that was used across all mediums and assets.
- Collaborated with 4 product teams to curate & develop all presentations & video content for their presentations. This included the design of 6 separate PowerPoint presentations, 15 videos and hype reels. This was all delivered in a compressed time frame.
- Utilised the Cvent platform due to its high-level security measures, customisable modules and ability to manage registration, event communications & event delivery. By using Cvent, the event was live-streamed directly through the platform interface, so the audience felt like they were watching a television broadcast.
- Technical production was highly complex due to the large number of presentations, videos & speakers. Four Phoenix producers were required to facilitate smooth and accurate transitions between each speaker, presentation and video.
- Customised the Cvent platform to provide a professional, on-brand experience from the initial invitation to register for the event, the registration platform, the follow-up emails & reminders through to the virtual attendee hub for the event to be live-streamed.
- Partnered with the brilliant Brihony Dawson who was MC for the event; welcoming and facilitating the day, introducing speakers and featuring in business sessions. Not only was Brihony the MC, but along with talented musicians, provided entertainment during the break with a series of games that got the audience on their feet!
- Inspired thinking with an inspirational keynote from the GOAT of Paralympic swimming and 17 time Olympic champion Ellie Cole.
- Provided an opportunity for the audience to engage and contribute in a live Q&A, and ask Ellie Cole direct questions in a safe forum.
- Challenged audience engagement with a unique bingo game that was linked to session content for the chance to win. There was a motivation to win!
- Visually captured content in real time using a combination of words and imagery. This eye-catching graphic summarised the event and was used post-event and gifted to attendees.
A successful ‘100% virtual first’ for Kellogg’s, with nearly 200 attendees participating live, across multiple time zones. The session was energetic, engaging and exceeded expectations and the Kellogg’s SLT team were delighted with the quality of production and expert virtual event delivery the We Are Phoenix team brought to the project.
“Well done again today! It all came together so well.”
Corporate Affairs Manager – Kellogg’s